Sunday, July 26, 2009

Doubly Challenged


While I wait for the voting to finish on the Biomech sculpting challenge, I've started work on two ther low poly challenges. First I started work on 3dTotal's low poly challenge #30 Gender Bender where the goal is to take a beloved game/comic/cartoon character and swap their gender. My concept work for Prince Peach and Maria is above and my progress thread can me found here. Then I was made aware of an even bigger challenge taking place over a GameArtisans.org. Their second annual ComiCon challenge involves modeling any comic character. I've chosen what may be a bit obscure character Lobster Johnson from the Hellboy series, but I love Mike Mignola's art, and there are always way too many people doing Hellboy and Abe Sapien. The due date for the Comicon challenge is two weeks before the Gender Bender one so I'll be focusing most of my effort there for now. Follow along here.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Holt , this Tor. I just saw Lobster Johnson, and it really makes me hungry for some crab!
    Well anyway, I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out your entry on Comicon. Great overall look and detail. The pose, especially the positioning of the arms and legs, is very crustacean-like. The scaring on the face is good. The texturing on the helmet and jacket are nicely dimensional. Good job.

    ReplyDelete